Read the installation manual first.
- Adding new video using wizard
- Shortcode explained
- Adding audio file
- Properly configured mp4 video
- Additional tips and tricks
- Click on the FV WordPress Flowplayer icon just above your post.
- A wizard will appear.
- Fill in videos for different platforms:
- Fill out other information just as you do with FV WordPress Flowplayer plugin
- Add the code into the post
flowplayer src="myvideo.mp4"] is the very basic code where
srcis the path to the video file that should be played
srcis path to the default file. Use mp4 video, as this file is served also to iPads with high bandwidth
src_lowis path to the file for low bandwidth connections
src_mobileis basic path for mobile devices, we strongly recommend to use mp4 format
src_webmis webm alternative for mobile devices
srv_3gpis another alternative for mobile devices, especially Androids
widthis width of the video in the post in pixels
heightis height of the video in pixels
- An example shortcode with full set of 5 videos:
flowplayer src="myvideo.mp4" src_low="myvideo_low_bandwidth.mp4" src_mobile="myvideo_mobile.mp4" src_webm="myvideo.webm" src_3gv="myvideo.3gp" width=480 height=320]
For audio use only the first text box (Video normal). Use mp3 or ogg, and define the size of the player to show only the controlbar, and use
controlbar=show to keep the controlbar always visible, example: [
flowplayer src="myaudio.mp3" width=480 height=25 controlbar=show]
We made lots of experiments in order to find an ideal encoding of mp4 video to maximize it's usage on mobile devices. We provide here an example set of settings from encoding.com that we found effective:
- Use Mpeg4 format
- Use libfaac audio codec
- Both 1 pass or 2 pass encodings should be fine
- For mobile video we recommend something around 480x320, some devices might have problems with higher resolution
Mobile video does not support redirections, popups as the video is played in the local player of the mobile device and we cannot affect it's behaviour.